Saturday, July 25, 2009

Soft Spikes?

I just finished reading Brunsli's post on her large Soft Spike Curlers and I thought to myself: "Are my locks long enough for the small soft spikes?" The answer, I really don't know--that's where you guys come in. Is there anyone out there in the blogger verse that has any idea how long ones locks should be/need to be before they can use the soft spike curlers? My friend is getting married in 2 weeks and I would love to style my locks for the first time in the almost 10 months since my installation. Another question...does anyone with soft spikes actually use the gel or do you use water or some other kind of setting lotion. Any suggestions/advice would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!

5 comments:

Quietspirit said...

I would not advise using the gel without know what is in the gel and without knowing your hair. But with that said your hair should set nicely with water. When my hair was short I used to set it each time I washed it and the curls usually lasted until the next wash. I mostly used water. Occasionally I would use a setting lotion either diluted or very sparingly. Your hair may be long enough for the small soft spikes. The best thing to do is to give it a try. Be sure your hair is dry before taking the curlers out. HTH

Au Naturale said...

thank you QuietSpirit...i didn't think i would use the gel either...the word gel kind of makes me cringe nowadays haha. i will let you know how my styling endeavor goes!

JUST Euphoria said...

I agree with quietspirit but add that the curls will be tight I usually light spritz mine with water to loosen the curl, because I like mines to look kinda worn

Cherish Love said...

Let me know how they work for you if you decide to get them. I'm at the point now where I'm thinking I want to try to start really styling but not sure how long my locs should be too. I've had mine for only close to 7 months, but still. LOL

brunsli said...

I would think your hair would have to be at least 2" long to fit around the spikes.

As much as I love Soft Spikes, I think Caruso Curlers might be a better investment initially because SSs might make your hair way too curly.

(I've never tried the SS gel.)